About Curriculum Content
Copyright © Notice: The materials are copyrighted © and trademarked ™ as the property of The Curriculum Center for Family and Consumer Sciences (CCFCS). Access is available through subscription. A yearly renewal is required.
You must have a PDF reader (such as Adobe Reader or Acrobat) and an Internet connection in order to access the curriculum.
Each course curriculum follows the same format.
Teacher materials are…
- Based on objectives of both the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills and the National Standards for FCS.
- Organized so you can start from Unit 1 and move through to the end of the course.
- Labeled for the national and Texas standards; Pre-PAC correlation; FCCLA and TAFE correlation; type of activity; topic and key word; correlation to language arts, math, science, and social studies; additional free resources; and additional resources available from The Curriculum Center for a fee.
- Hyperlinked to PowerPoints, teaching aids, and Internet sites needed for the strategy.
- Formatted consistently for ease of use.
- iPhone compatible – Same benefits apply to Netbooks and other mobile Web devices.
- Searchable so you can locate strategies by TEKS or key words.
- Printable to facilitate teacher planning and organization.
Student materials are…
- Printable for the teaching aids and PowerPoints.
- Accessible forms so they can complete the teaching aids electronically or by hand.
Explanation of Content: